Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Naughty Becky has been neglecting her blog fans :(

But now naughty Becky shall become good Becky and write lovely things for you to read. Yay!

Today it is Wednesday. It says so above this post. I don't like Wednesday because I have Physics, Chemistry AND Maths. In case you didn't know, these are quite definitely to stupidest subjects ever to grace me with their lack of presence outside of the classroom. They are boring. They are also badly taught and most of the content is totally useless.

In Physics I lack the ability to concentrate. I sit and no matter how hard I try to listen to Doctor Wilson's waffle I fail. I start to look at the clock and I beat 3/4 time with a second to a bar (it's difficult, try it); I look at the grey skies and ponder the great mysteries of life (what's for tea, what do I need to do tonight); I sit there and absent-mindedly doodle the weather. It's not because he's a bad teacher. In Chemistry he is the best teacher ever and I learned so much last year - it's because the syllabus is utterly dire, and it is very, very difficult to teach it in an interesting fashion. I still lobe Doccy Wils, he should be Doccy Whoo in the Variety Show.

Chemistry is dire because not only is the subject matter dire, so is the manner in which it is taught. admittedly Miss Crutchley is not so bad a teacher that I sit and stare at the clock tapping 3/4 time every lesson, but it is still quite bad. I sit and I do not understand and I am too bored of the pants explanation to ask what on earth the woman is on about. Then every weekend I am forced (admittedly by myself, but if I didn't my Chemistry would be worse than the D I got today) to memorise the section we covered the previous week from my revision guide. That is the only way.

Maths. The very thought of it makes me groan, and I'm not even exaggerating here. I don't even want to talk about it, all I can think of is stats, stats, STATS!!

A certain individual, who probably won't read this, thinks I am wrong. Well, that person is wrong. Of course my happiness can last forever. Of course it will. This can't just die. Not while it's so young. I'll prove it, because I will make this work. I don't even need to make it. It'll be effortless.

As will ABBA band... o_O

It's funny how people can comment on someone you know negatively, and suddenly you realise that they are right. This is how it happened with me and another individual, someone was bitching - she doesn't do it a lot to be honest, I've heard her do it about 3 times in 3 years - and I realised that they were right. I have realised that the same person is right about the same thing, but about a different individual. And I don't know if, now this is going to be constantly niggling me, I want to stay friends with them. I guess I don't really have a choice. but I try with everyone. I'm still trying with the first person after months.

As you will all probably know, I kind of resent the fact that Alex is Golden Boy of the music department. I do like it when musical things revolve around me. Sometimes it gets a bit much but I would never give it up. Even ABBA band, who have given me no end of stress (probably my fault, I pressure myself too much), are so much fun when I forget the fact that we're going to lose. And choir - well I direct them in what is admittedly a very shambolic way, but I love it to bits and we will be the highlight of the Variety Show. Once I am done with them anyway. Might mean I am never done with them, but they will at least be good for that Meredith-style show which I will talk to Caldwell about once the Variety Show is over. WOW. This blog is totally the same as my thought process - really garbled and stupid. or maybe it's just this paragraph *is hopeful*... No, I think we all know it's the whole thing. Anyway, there was a point to this... Oh yeah, while sometimes having musical responsibility, which I am always on about wanting, is exasperating and exhausting (aliteration!), I wouldn't give it up if you paid me.

Becky recycled her Wilbur and wallace stories before she wrote them here. Now they will be lost forever. How incredibly sad. She really can't understand why she's talking about herself in the third person. She's a moron.

No comments: