Now I am going to write about Saturday. That's today. Because yesterday was Friday. How amazing.
I got up. As soon as I got up I was wondering why. It's not like you need to get up on a Saturday. Nothing to do. Except poetry coursework. Mine's nearly finished now though, only a couple more tweaks and some shortening of quotes. And then I will be unstressed. Yay! Apart from I will cry because I won't get House Leader. But never mind, not sure I want to be face of a House that always comes second to Jenni.
I then did my courseywork so I can actually be in a position where going to Alex's won't be taking up valuable coursework time. I'd rather have valuable Alex time. Way. Truthfully, I'm slightly terrified. As in what if...
a) They don't think I'm good enough for Alex
b) I walk into something and they thing I'm dumb
c) I say something dumb and ditto result
d) I accidentally really offend them.
Etcetera. I actually had a dream that they had sawn my head off using a bread knife. It was a little disturbing tbh. This is just the kind of paranoid person I am. They probably won't hate me. I say probably. Any of the above or anything else could happen. And we all know about my pessimism issues.
I did tap. I have my medal tomorrow, which is kind of a one dance exam on a stage in front of an audience in full costume and make-up. They are much easier than normal exams as they are far more about performance than technique - as long as you get your sounds in you're fine, and you don't actually have to have a challenging dance for your standard. I don't have a single double pickup or wing. So yay for me. Normally I don't panic about these anymore, as, providing I smile and don't stop halfway, I normally get distinction. It's the proper exams I am terrified of.
Then I did ballet. It's Mr D's 75th today and he was even more unbearable than ever. And he has resumed ignoring me. He's not giving me corrections anymore - a lot of dance teachers will only give you corrections if they think you're worth the effort and he's not given me a proper one for about a month. And no, that is not because I am perfect. Far from it in fact. I hate him so much. If there was another teacher around that was up to the same standard as Mr D I would leave, but there isn't and he can get me into stage school so I won't. Oh, and I get to steal his costumes like I am tomorrow. except he doesn't know that I am tomorrow. Shhh.
Then, before I had a chance to put the final touches to my poetry, Dad told me that Dave + Emma were coming over. I love Dave + Emma, they're hilarious and really nice people, but I needed to do my coursework. So I became a recluse for an hour while I finished and rudely ignored our lovely guests, but after dinner I became a bit of a social animal, and was hysterical when they told me about their gay cleaner Arthur, who's got a bit of a thing for Dave. I won't reveal too much about the hilarity, I'm guessing Dave + Emma will be the topic of most of my conversation for a while.
Wanna know the best thing about Dave + Emma? They are totally on my side about Alex and gave my dad a good talking to on the subject! They called him unreasonable. I was very much amused.
It's half 11. I want to sleep. That way I can get up tomorrow and write some essays (H). TTFN x
Saturday, 14 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment